- USD $110,000 Search Revenue in 2019
- 3,700 monthly website visitors
- Clean & healthy SEO foundation + strong backlink profile
- And it’s still growing…
How Did We Do It?
The biggest challenge at the time was the fact that BitmapBooks had a lot of backlinks inbound that just didn’t relate to the content that it served…topically or even by niche of business. This meant that we had to try and selectively clean up the profile, without doing TOO MUCH cleaning as that would put us at risk of getting sandboxed and stalling the entire campaign.
In addition to this, we implemented a majority of the on-site fixes both in the technical and content departments to make sure that the site aligns well with the best-practices when it comes to having a healthy and clean SEO foundation for your eCommerce store.
Once our team had made sure that everything on the site is practically “spotless,” it was time to move on to a full-steam-ahead content marketing initiative.
For this initiative our team would focus on 3 core types of backlinks:
- Foundational links (profiles, high DA properties) – these links serve as an “undercarriage” to make sure that your site has enough backbone for the more powerful links that come with content marketing or an outreach initiative.
- Content marketing links – we focused on re-purposing the wealth of content the site already had, which was centered largely around the products. The existing content mentioned a lot of specifics / information that could be used to develop further marketing collateral. The repurposed media was then shared across various media-distribution networks and platforms. This allowed us to further buff up the profile and stack on some domain authority in the process.
- PR & Outreach – By this point many of our keywords had already moved up and quite a few were reaching Page 1, or were hanging around the top of Page 2. This meant that we were in the right place to start targeting individual high-value keywords and optimize the inbound anchors accordingly. Our team rolled out an outreach campaign to acquire powerful contextual links from very relevant blogs and we managed to secure a few very high profile links in the process. Ultimately, this allowed us to push a few of the high-value keywords we had prioritized up to the top of Page 1, which resulted in a domino effect of rising rankings, as Google got more information about user behavior from this keyword-range on the site itself.